So, you take a photo and you love it! But you know if you bump the contrast, add some highlights, and crop it a little, it would look much better! Maybe I’m jumping ahead of myself. Maybe you don’t know that’s what you need to do to make your photo pop – but you clicked on this post because you want to learn.
Thankfully, really awesome people have designed apps to make this possible. You can edit spectacular photos right on your iPhone – no Photoshop needed.
Here are our top 5 picks:
- VSCO CAM : [iPhone + Android] FAVORITE EDITING APP EVER!! It’s free to download & includes tons of filter + editing options. You can also purchase additional filter packs for .99 each [definitely worth it]. You can use this app in 2 ways – either slap on a filter and call it a day – or you have the option to manually edit – almost- every aspect of the photo.
- Whitagram : [iPhone + Android] Ever wonder how people get those perfect not squared up crops on Instagram? [cue whitagram] This app not only allows you to edit brightness, contrast, saturation, & highlights, it resizes your photo so it fits on Instagram without cropping it into a square. FREE APP
- After Light : [iPhone + Android] While this app also has the standard editing toolbar, it also comes with fun features such as fake lens flares and film leaks to add a unique touch. The app is .99 + you can buy more features. I’ve found that the general .99 version offers you plenty, so you don’t need to purchase additional packages.
- Facetune : [iPhone + Android] Best known for its ability to edit and improve skin and facial tune ups – while keeping it looking natural. It allows you to smooth out all imperfections of your skin, thin your face, even deepen your smile. Even if you want to eliminate one pesky pimple, check out this app! ($3.99)
- Lightroom : If you are familiar with adobe suite software, or are someone who wants to try to learn, this app is for you! Not only does have it many of the editing capabilities as the computer version, which is so awesome! ALSO, it can be synced with your desktop program.
Posting for fun or posting them for business – these 5 apps are sure to help your photos stand out! Happy Editing! 🙂